Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fishcaf?

I'm feeling a bit more settled this week. Moved into a house in Melbourne, in a little residential section with lots of shops, restaurants, and cafe's on the next street. Today I handed my résumé out to about 20 of them! Hopefully with those numbers I won't need luck. [decided to skip one called a "FISHCAF"... coffee and fish? no thanks.]

My roommate Tania has some connections with a friend and is getting us free zoo passes, so I'll get a chance to see some crazy Australian animals. [Maybe even a Wallaby, for Sean] ;)

Going to meet up with Marc later this week [a new friend, from Dartmouth, that I met on the plane, who also happened to be heading for Melbourne] and hopefully hit the night scene a bit. Tania's a bit older than I am, and loves her wine, but isn't much into going out to bars.

I've been really into cooking this weekend- there are so many beautiful bakeries and butchers in this area. and Tania's pantry has every spice and additive imaginable.

Oh! and I'm currently in a public library 1 street away from my house! So free internet is definately available, which means I should be around here fairly often now.

3 Comments:

Blogger kait said...

miss you.
girls night isn't the same without you.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

melbourne connection.

kelly, chris and i have a new auzzie friend form melbourne. he is great and cute and funny. miss you. have fun. stay in touch. we travilers need to stick together.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Krista Comeau said...

marc is my brother! take good care of him.....dartmouth sucks now that he's gone :(

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home