Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I made it!

So, here I am in the hostel in Sydney. I am in desperate need of a shower, but have to wait an hour for my room. The final flight was a piece of cake.. unlike the torture of the 19 hour NY - Tai Pei flight. I can now say that I've spent an hour in Alaska, though it was at night and just inside the airport.
I met two guys on the first flight from Halifax who were taking the exact same trip. so I had someone to bum around airports during layovers with. We took a 1/2 day tour in Tai Pei and had a whirlwind view of the city including local monuments, temples, and the tallest building in the world! I quickly got a feel for how kel must have felt in Sweden- it's an interesting feeling being one of the only people who speaks english. But everyone was very nice and directed us the best they could.
Not sure how I'll spend my 3 or 4 days here yet.. it's 22 degrees today, but raining. No beach for me just yet ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

miss you, love you, send cake.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gald you made it safetly, got a contact in Melbourne should you need it. Finally got a bank account set up myself.
Talk to you soon. Kisses!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home