Friday, January 07, 2005

i've decided that my 'new year' started on january 2nd, 2005.

it started with a fight in the airport between my sister's boyfriend and a lobster salesman. there was swearing and a threat to call for security. my dad put his hand on jesse's chest as a warning. when we left sarah in the departures line-up she was still in tears. sometimes it's hard to see what the picture looks like when you're inside and covered in paint.

we drove to sackville in silence. my first three days back in the apartment i was basically alone, since andre was here visiting with carolyn. two of my first classes were cancelled. he didn't come to the hockey game, but he appologised a lot. we think he's not really a cook. the girls dragged me to paddy-o's but i wasn't in the mood for drinks. i've been 'out' to eat 5 times this week. today i bought groceries. i have read 6 pages, out of 300. i've been playing all the old songs on my guitar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Hang in there, kid.

There's nothing more soothing than playing old songs on the familiar feel of your old, reliable guitar.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booerns to a craptacular start of a New Year.

Look at the bright side, if you start on the bottom, there is nowhere to go but up, right?

-Le Kareoke King

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home