Sunday, October 17, 2004

Justice, thy name is Heather!

Oh my god it's over.
After 8 months, many harrassing emails, several phone calls, house visits and angry notes... the books are back. I walked back from the bus station after having picked up my parcel. I hugged it close to my chest never wanting to let it go. My very expensive books. Books I'd never even read. I went straight to the library and had a long talk with the librarians, who knew the story and wanted all the dirt and details on the books' return:

"You got them back? What'd ya do- go to his house and beat 'im up?!"

not quite. i think it was the last angry note on his door, demanding a 400$ cheque, that finally did it. not that John had anything to with their final return. His extremely helpful girlfriend Heather called again that night and told me the package with the books was on its way, by SMT bus and would arrive shortly. I heaved a huge sigh of relief and thanked her profusely.

The librarians were full of gossip, that i'm not sure how they couldn've gotten.. appearently John's girlfriend Heather is actually married and only having an affair with John.. which might explain why she only visits his apartment once in a great while, and why she refused to give me her address to allow me to send her a thank you present. appearently he also has several hundred dollars worth of library fees in his own name too. *shrugs* at least now i won't have to deal with either of them for a long time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOOT!
VICTOOOOOOOOOOOOORY!

*sigh of relief on this end too babe.*

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home