Monday, March 08, 2004

sarah wrote to tell me her new cell number. nothing big, a couple of lines. and suddenly i had an idea..
i mustered all my nerve- i hit reply.
i wrote fast so i couldn't change my mind.
i told her i was bi.
i said she didn't have to respond, but i had to tell someone and i had tried so hard to tell mom. my heart is beating, but i'm not scared like i usually am. this was the right move.
we never talk about personal things.. in fact, unless she's home we never talk. i've never phoned her, and sometimes i worry we'll be one of those adult families who never keeps in touch anymore.

i envy mom's relationship with her brother. Clyde's great- he's talkative and doesn't find it weird to talk to his sister about emotional things or his personal life.

my mission: attempting to recreate that with sarah and jamie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home