Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I've had Madonna's "Material Girl" in my head all day due to a class video on popular culture yesterday..
so i decided to drown it out with some feminine tunes more in my style: Stevie Nicks, "Edge of Seventeen".
Gotta love the internet- all i could remember of the lyrics was "ooh baby .... sings the song....[something] singin".... and there it was! oh so easy. I can only hope that in 10 - 20 years time we'll be able to order our groceries that way.
my how things change.. but in a good way i think.

Ways that I've changed:

- More outspoken in conversations with strangers -
since: having always been in the shadow of my roommates in first and second year.

-Always tip people in customer service positions-
since: having been both a bartender and timmy's employee.

-Acting / Dressing more "girlie"-
since: I stopped worrying about being considered "ditzy" by my friends, and decided i didn't have to be 'cool' by downplaying my femininity.

-Putting my artistic side to different uses-
since: i gave up trying to draw/paint, and started putting all those crafty decorating / clothing designing ideas to use in my apartment... and consequently having a much harder time concentrating on school.

-Smoking more, drinking less-
since: actually i'm not sure when that transpired... and i'm not entirely sure if its good or bad yet, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home