Monday, January 02, 2006

time ticks by

Welcome to 2006. This year, I am proud to say that I celebrated it instead of mourning it. I spent New Years Eve at a restaurant rooftop overlooking fireworks on the beach, with 3 other women, and no men.
My New Year rolled in a full 15 hours prior to Halifax, and I woke up Lenny at 9am to tell him so :)
Unfortunately, Melbourne's winds decided to die off New Years Eve, leaving us stranded in 43 degree heat!!! Since it was too hot to function, we were left with really only one option- drink to keep cool! Our dinner came with the best words in the english language: unlimited alcohol.

Prior to that... Sydney was ok, very "Toronto-ish", but on my last day there I met up with Anthony- a friend of Tan's who took me all around the city and suburbs in his little convertable mx-5. Some beautiful little coastal areas that make you feel like the city is miles away.
When I got back, I spent a couple of days down on the Mornington Peninsula [just over an hour south of the city] with Tania at her friend's summer trailor at the beach. the "caravan park" is like an australian Desperate Housewives- full of gossipy women. two days was definately enough for us.
I could definately get used to this whole not-working thing... however next week it's back to work. This week I'll be taking a bus tour of Phillip Island to see penguins and koalas- an excellent xmas gift from mom and dad :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey
glad to know your holidays went well. Sorry i didn't call...had no idea when you'd be around. Will though sometime. Promise.
I got a job offer in CD WHOOT!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I got your phone message, but I wasnt sure what time it was there so I e-mailed instead. Sonds like a really fun trip so far, and I know how it sucks to not know many people. We finally know our neighbours now, and each some friends from work, but so far most of Calgary are still strangers. It's kind of refreshing somehow. It's fun to move somewhere new, everytime I have so far it has been worth it. I am setting up a new website, so I will send the link when it is launched.
Miss you
Sarah and Jesse

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home