Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Job.. sort of.

Starting my first shift at my new job tonight. The change was all part of far too much drama, involving my housemate dating my boss, then getting mad at him after finding out he was sleeping with one of my co-workers, then my boss cutting my hours and giving them to the other girl. SO- I figure it's probably a good idea to get out now. If I can manage it, I'll be shifting over to full-time next week at another restaurant down the street. which is probably a good thing because the pay might be better and they're busy, so I should do better on tips.

Going to the 'Australian Open' Tennis tournament was très cool- seeing Venus& Serena Williams, Ljubecic, Federer and others from just a few metres away. I was never into tennis before, but now that I actually understand it, I'm hooked! What we havn't seen live, we've been watching on the "telly" all week.

Otherwise, met some awesome people this weekend, and becoming more involved in the glbt community here. Went to a drag king show last week and this week is the "midsumma" festival [pride-week]. If all works out well, I'll also be flying high over the city this saturday morning, in an "Aerochute" [engine-powered-gliding-parachute-thing].. will let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on ya.
I miss you....and I know, I am doing a crap job of writing regular emails...but I do think about you...in terrible ways. muahahahaha ;)

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home