Sunday, November 28, 2004

"YRS"

..written in mini-lights on the wall.
"YRS"..? Years? ohh, "Yellow Ribbon Society." right. cancer n' shit. it's a fundraiser. yea i think we made our donation for that cause.
So we went to the Holiday Ball :) bought our tickets. got all glammed up in our dresses and suits. the crew came over here for the pre-party. [yes, that's right.. people other than jill actually visited my apartment! *gasp!*]

I think we dropped by the actual ball for about 20 mins max. walking into a room full of people in gowns, with streamers twirled from the ceiling, i tend to get this overwhelming annoying "High-School-Prom" feeling. that paired with the fact most of the people there were 1st / 2nd year, and aside from me and charles everyone i was with has graduated mta several years ago, let alone lenny who got ID'd for probably the first time in a long time, hehe.

off to the pub, and i took advantage of my line-up skipping priviledges for the first time. when the four of us started down the stairs we got yelled at by the crowd, to which our only reply was "staff" :)
it was a great night overall. yet i somehow managed to not take a single picture! crap. oh well- lots more opportunities tonight at the staff /going away party for Dave. next semester just won't be the same without him! :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew M said...

Wow… between the not getting the relay for life and “cancer n’ shit” (which I take offence to) I’m really starting to believe that you just don’t get it. I’m glad that you feel you’ve made “that donation to the cause” and are very pleased with yourself. Congratulations for being a great person.

I felt old there. I felt really old. I played exactly the same music as was played at the Pub and people actually danced because they had room. The people there were there to raise money for a cause. I was at your high school prom, I went to high school with you and I had a fantastic time. I have lots of great memories of Andy, Melissa and the rest of the gang from that night.

I find it kind of hollow to complain about being surrounded by young people and then to turn around and complain about how skanky the pub is. It kind of makes it hard for me to take griping seriously.

Perhaps most annoying for me though was that you all came out with Jill and when I met up with her at the ball she said you had all left for the Pub and she wasn’t going to bother going with you guys because she’d have to wait in a huge line.

Great friends.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Suzanne Zappia said...

what. the. fuck.
excuse me?! [i could blame this one on being drunk at 4am, but i won't. what's coming is all me]:

are you- i'm sorry.. but are you attemting to gage what a 'good friend' is? are you trying for one second to pose the suggestion that i am not being a good friend to jill?
to you?
are you suggesting that i'm not doing enough to support "cancer n' shit"?
are you trying to make any kind of comment on my moral attitudes whatsoever?

because at this point i can certainly say that you don't know the first thing about me. you don't try, despite my attempts to stay close. and i would suggest that you don't make accusations on jill's part, because she's able to do that on her own and i feel a hell of a lot more concern for my relation with her than i do for my relation with you lately.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home