Monday, May 09, 2005

and so i return

degree in hand, wearing my mta grad ring, with my parents' toyota tercel and honda civic loaded to capacity. 4 years worth of accumulated stuff is far too much. we played tetris for a while to get it all to fit. but fit it did.
the ceremony was full of tradition and formailities- name called, kneel on stage, shake hands with chancellor, have sash placed on shoulders, accept diploma, shake hands, recieve pin, put on hat, switch tassle to opposite side.
i tried very hard not to laugh out load when kneeling and shaking hands with the chancellor as lenny yelled "Hoiy!" from the balcony. afterwards we all had lunch at joey's- my parents, carolyn, andrei, lenny, and i.
then i was faced with the difficult task of saying my goodbyes.
i'm taking a lot of deep breaths today.

i'm mostly unpacked now.
what are you doing this week? can i come?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I'm going to Scruffy Murphy's pub on Eglington St. and Yonge. And I'd love to see you there.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous right now.

kathryn

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I just noticed there are comments on my blog. I wish I lived in Halifax, I seem to know a lot more people there. Congrats on your Convocation. It feels good when it happens, but the good-byes to the friends who mean a lot is the hardest part. I miss those friends a lot. Thanks for coming to Moncton last week. I hope I can make it to Hali. soon so we can have a better night out. xoxo. Jill

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I seen a pretty girl at the gym yesterday....

-Tony Armstrong

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home