Thursday, April 28, 2005

i was at home in tantallon.

a woman dressed in elaborate flowing black clothing pulled up in a mini-van. she wanted to sell me something. no, trade me something: a song for a song. i knew she was dangerous. i could feel it. but after some debating, i took her song and handed her one of my own. she left, cackling in an evil sort of way. i sat down at the piano and played the new notes i was given.

at that moment the front door opened and mom walked in, wearily. she had been out to get groceries, but she was feeling faint and came home. i sat her down on the livingroom couch. her eyes wouldn't stay open. i began to panick and tried to make her drink water. i instructed jamie, who was in the kitchen, to get some food or something. he wouldn't listen. it was a futile effort, as i watched my mother slouch down farther and farther, and within minutes she was dead. rigor seemed to set in instantly.

i walked into the kitchen where jamie was, still cooking, and still ignoring me. i told him in a small and quiet voice that mom had just died. he looked at me, finally. but his eyes were glazed over, and i knew he had been gotten too. he turned away from me and stabbed himsefl with the kitchen knife. once, then twice. slouched against the cupboards and the floor.

i screamed, and crying i fled the house- running down my street. i was naked now, except for a red satin sheet- wrapped around me. i ambled in the middle of the street alternately yelling and whispering "help me".
finally, a young couple who could not ignore me anymore came over. i sat in the street, and told them, "my mom just died". i lay down on the pavement, and the young woman picked me up. carried me somewhere. but when they arrived, they found that i was already dead, and had probably been so for some time. she picked up my journal, which i had carried with me. i had made several entries since my visitation from the woman in black clothing. they were all short and crazed, cryptic poems.
a song for a song.


this is what i dreamed last night- in clear and perfect detail.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is your dream analysis.

The woman with the minivan represents the RIAA and her mischevious antics stealing your poem represents the recording industries stranglehold on creativity. The minivan means shes a slut.

The episode with your Mom falling is a commentary on your relationships. It means that you should be wary of relationships where women just want to go "down" on you, the rigormortous represents how you always seem to end up with a "stiffy".

The whole thing about your brother Jamie ignoring you and then stabbing himself... yeah that's cause he's a tool.

The whole running down the street naked and getting picked up by a couple of swingers... yeah I think we all know what that's all about.

The dying before they could even get you home shows your own fears about not having enough stamina.

The crazy cryptic writings in your journal? Confusing but I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices.

Mystery solved.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home