Sunday, February 06, 2005

That's it- I'm becoming a Luddite.

I realize that's a somewhat moronic statement to make on a Blog, but today it just makes way more sense than anything else.
After plugging away all day on this annoyingly monstorous essay proposal [oh yes- *just* the proposal] i decided to head over to the library to look up a few things, do some final editing and print it off. However, appearently MTA's computer systems [aside from being old, slow, and equiped with only bare minimum software] have a particularly strong hatred for Corel Word Perfect today. [not that i would ever use corel, given the choice, but that's all that mta offers]. For the first little while, the program only crashes once every 10 mins. so i start saving frequently.. switch to the next computer to see if it's working any better today. Then, not only does Corel start crashing every 30 seconds or so- it also refuses to save any data whatsoever.

After dealing with this issue on my own for roughly an hour, [to the point where it stopped saving] racking up about 35 crashes, i saunter over to the circulation desk to inform them of my troubles. She asks me if i've talked to the computer help desk guy. I look at her with what i'm sure was an amused expression and tell her that i've been here 4 years and had no idea that that particular table was supposedly a "help desk"- since there has never been any one at it, nor is there any signage indicating help services. today, like any other, help desk guy's not around. so, deciding that if i were to spend one more second dealing with this issue i would probably shoot someone, i end up writing my prof a quick email to tell him that i'm going home to see what i can do from there, but that i very possbily will not have my assignment done because mta's computers are still back in the stone age.

fuck you mta. fuck you very much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Do what Kait did, find a big geek and date them.

I'm perfectly aware that she's only dating me so her computers will run faster and smoother and that she won't have to do any work on the public computers. I've resigned myself to that. I mean, she's pretty cute and there are worse reasons to keep a guy like me around.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Suzanne Zappia said...

yea i did that for a while.. [kidding!!], now i'm in for the free pizza :P

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home