Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Through 400 Years

Yesterday after work I realized i had entirely forgotten about a big family event to take place later that day..

My uncle Claude and tante Elieen were hosting an Acadian backyard party!

Everyone was to bring their family and some type of Acadian food.
I saw aunts/uncles/cousins/neighbours I don't see very often.. some I hadn't seen in more than 10 years. We caught up on what new children had been born and what everyone was up to, ate Rappi Pie [an extremely acadian dish of gooey potato and chicken, topped with molasses], and toward the end of the celebrations, my cousin Brian the dj blasted 80 pop/rock throughout the neighbourhood, and 70 yr old friend/neighbour Donald could be seen jigging across the rhubarb garden holding a soup pot in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other.

Don then went on to explain that he had 'caught' his wife Mary by telling her he wanted to mow her lawn... in the dead of winter. At which point my cousin Paula put her hands over her ears and requested that Brian turn the music up again, lol.

these are the kinds of stories i hear people telling about family gatherings [looks pointedly at the cape brettoners] that just normally do not happen in my family. good times were definately had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home