Wednesday, April 28, 2004

woke up from a restless sleep to drive. rain pelted the window, refrained from landing on me. stopping me from drowning in the cool of the wet. U2's "with or without you" pounded my ears from the radio, forcing out the hidden.
i wanted to drive. fast. let the car scream tight around the bends. to push my foot down and never lift it up again. i was compelled to slow; to let it mellow and seep in; to let it deal so as to heal.
the sun gleamed impossibly bright through the rain. clouds overhead but orange light against the road, inducing a trance of the surreal. i slowed even more and even the radio changed its tune- through the speakers wandered the sounds of "with a little help from my friends."
by the end of it my face and my shirt were wet, but the rain left only dark grey marks on the street to show it's history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home